Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mass Effect

It's sucking me in.

Yesterday I finally caught up with Sarin at his research colony on Virmire. Turns out he's come up with a cure for the genophage and is breeding an army of Krogan to supplement his Geth (synthetic lifeform) forces. This wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the fact that my buddy Wrex (a Krogan Battlemaster) sees this as the salvation for his people. (You'll recall that the genophage was deliberately designed by the Salarians to inhibit Krogan birthrate after the Rachni Wars, 2000 years ago. After the Krogans defeated the insectoids, they got a little over-zealous with their colony/empire building and had to be stopped. The genophage renders 1/1000 Krogan births viable.)

Anyway, things got pretty dodgy for a minute there. Wrex and I had weapons trained on each other, but with my charisma (and intimidation) meters maxed out, I was able to talk him down. Tense moment, though.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home