Monday, May 08, 2006

Dave Tate's Random Thoughts

Not only is he getting jacked, he's got some great ideas as well. I completely agree with what he's written here:

" Simple things dawn on me all the time. I listen, watch and learn from everyone I come across. I am looking for anything that I can pass on or make myself better.

In the past 24 hours I have spoke to two different people. The first is getting married next week to a guy who is freaking loaded, she just got a huge raise, and is very nice to look at if you know what I mean. Yet, she is one of the most negative people I have ever spoken to. I dread speaking to her because all it is negative gossip, what is wrong with the world, who said this and who said that. Just seeing her emails or name on my message pad kills me. We go back a very long time so I try my best to keep in touch but it is draining. She should be excited as everything seems to be going very well for her but she is making herself miserable and is stressed to the max.

The second person is one I love to hear from. He is in the battle of his life and is dealing with shit I only pray I never have to deal with. While the person above is shopping he is puking blood. While she is driving her BMW he is wondering when the hell will end. While she is gossiping on the phone he is speaking with doctors. While she finalizing wedding plans he is making sure his will is in order. Yet, he is one of the most positive pleasant people in the world to speak to. He looks top each day as a gift and takes the time to make sure it is treated as such. He is a master of life while she is letting life master her.

I guess, without much more rambling, the point is we can't always choose what happens or what we have to deal with but we can choose our reaction to it.

It is not what happens around us that determines our happiness, it is what happen within us that does."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Anytime.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home