Sunday, July 31, 2005

Money or Time?

July and August are the busy summer months here in Korea. Instead of taking a well deserved respite from their studies, students choose to load up on extra classes during their vacation--anything for that extra edge.

My MWF work schedule has looked something like this: Arrive at 8am, leave at 9pm. Somewhere in the middle I have a four hour break, one hour of which is usually devoted to preparing for the evening classes. T/Th are busier still.

I guess I'm supposed to take solace in the fact that I get paid by the class and I stand to get a +30% increase in pay this month, but it does little for me; I simply value my free time too much. 'Stress' doesn't really get to me, but this month is trying even my patience. Of course, this all boils down to the simple fact that (most of us) can have either money, or time--but not both.

As an amature hedonist, I'll take the time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home